As some of my readers know i am a Nurse, and I have a thing for good quality medical equipment. It was with great pleasure that I try out the Prestige Medical Clinical Lite Stethoscope. When Seth asked about the color I wanted to receive, I chose Stealth. It is a solid black scope, end to end, and very sleek. I refer to it as my “Ninja Scope”. I wanted to use it for a while before i reviewed it to get a good feel for it. I work in a variety of settings from Acute Care to Home Care so I feel I can represent a broad demographic of nurses.
Product Description: “Made from anodized aluminum, the Clinical Lite™ is a classic dual head stethoscope which is extremely light weight and affordable. The Clinical Lite™ incorporates a snap-on diaphragm retaining ring and a non-chill bell ring which contributes to the ease of use and maintenance, while enhancing patient comfort.”
- Weight; I LOVE how light it is!! If you wear your stethoscope around your neck as many do, you will barely notice it, and after 12 hours thats a HUGE plus!
- Look; I love how the awesome the stealth looked, and with a large variety of colors everyone is bound to find one that suits their personality!
- Cost; Although I did not buy this stethoscope, at about $30 its very affordable for a student, or entry level provider.
- Acoustics; Compared to the cheapies you find on every floor in every healthcare facility this is a far better instrument.
- Acoustics; Although I listed the acoustics as a plus, I use on a regular bases the Littmann Cardiology III, which by design is meant for more advanced diagnostics, and thus has better acoustics. Prestige has a Clinical Cardiology that I would be interested in seeing in comparison to the Littmann.
Overall I think that this is a great stethoscope, perfect for a nursing student, or new graduate. For the price I urge anyone looking for a good quality scope at a very good price to try this one out.